Plugin & Theme Updates
We continually update Chamber Dashboard themes and plugins with new features, functionality, security patches and bug fixes.
Prioritization of updates and new features is determined by a variety of factors including customer requests.
The easiest way to update Chamber Dashboard themes and plugins is thru the WordPress automatic updates feature on your theme and plugins pages.
IMPORTANT: We strongly recommend making a full backup of your site before updating. If you don’t already have one installed, there are a variety of free backup plugins available thru the WordPress plugin Repository.
You can update your theme and plugins automatically right from your WordPress dashboard. When an update is available, you will see a notification when you login to your site. (requires a valid license key)
- Go to your plugins or themes page.
- Click on the ‘update now’ link.
- Once the update is complete, you should see a confirmation that Chamber Dashboard was updated.
Not Seeing a WordPress Update?
To check for an update that has not shown up on your dashboard yet:
- Go to Dashboard >> Updates.
- Click ‘Check Again’ to refresh the page.
You may prefer to update your themes & plugins manually. This can come in handy for example, if you are several versions behind and are having trouble updating:
- Download the latest version of your theme or plugin from your account page on ChamberDashboard.com.
- Deactivate, then delete the version you have installed. (NOTE: Your data will not be deleted.)
- Click on ‘Add New’
- Browse to upload the new version of your theme or plugin.
- Select the .zip file that you downloaded in step 1
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate
NOTE: It is always a good idea to make a full backup of your site before making any changes or updates.
NOTE: All of the Chamber Directory plugins need the Business Directory plugin to be installed & activated in order to work. If you delete the Directory, the other Chamber Directory plugins will be deactivated. You will need to re-activate them once you have re-installed the Business Directory.