Required Plugins: Business Directory / CRM / Member Manager / Events Calendar / Member Updater
Inviting your members to submit their own events to your event calendar can be a great way to bring traffic & engagement to your website. The Member Updater plugin not only let’s your members claim & edit their own listings, it also includes the option for logged in members to submit events to your site’s calendar.
When a member submits an event, the site admin will receive an email notification. The admin can follow the link from this email to approve or reject the event. Approved events will appear on your calendar. The user submitting the event will receive notification once the event has been approved. Rejected events can be deleted.
There are several Chamber Dashboard features that you’ll need to setup in order to use member submitted events (MSE). Once you have the Member Updater plugin installed and activated,
ALL of the following steps must be completed:
- Activate 4 core Chamber Dashboard plugins as listed above, plus Member Updater plugin.
- Setup Member Account page.
- Create page for your member submitted events (MSE) form by adding the
[cde_update_events]shortcode to a new page.
- Enable MSE feature & map member event submission page on calendar settings page. (see details below)
- Add MSE page to site menu.
Enable MSE feature
To enable the member submitted events feature on your site:
- Go to Chamber Dashboard >> CD Settings >> Events Calendar.
- Check the box to enable the feature.
- Select the MSE page created above as the ‘Updates Events URL’.
- Be sure to save your changes!
You are now ready to invite your members to add events to your community events calendar!
The process looks like this…
- Send a ‘Submit events to our community calendar’ invite to your members that includes a link to your MSE page.
- Members will need to login to access the MSE form.
- New events will be held as a draft until approved.
- The site admin will be notified when a new event has been submitted.
- The user will be notified once their event has been approved.
- Approved events can be viewed by all site visitors on your event calendar page.
- Approved events connected to the user can be viewed from the Member’s Account page.