How Mailchimp Newsletter Plugin Works
Required Plugins: Business Directory / Mailchimp / Member Manager or Member Manager Pro
The Chamber Dashboard Mailchimp Plugin for WordPress makes it easier than ever for your members to get connected to your newsletter list as a part of the signup process using your membership form. You will need to create a Mailchimp account and generate a Mailchimp API key at Mailchimp.com in order to complete setup for this plugin.
Generate Mailchimp API key
Follow this link for instructions on how to login to your Mailchimp account and create Mailchimp API key.
Add Mailchimp to membership form
To add a Mailchimp newsletter sign up to your Member Manager membership form, first install and activate the Mailchimp plugin:
- Go to Chamber Dashboard >> CD Settings >> Payments >> Additional Options.
- Click on ‘Additional Options’ tab.
- Enter and save your Mailchimp API key.
- Edit the newsletter join message as needed.
- Select your Mailchimp list that new emails will be added to – save changes.
A checkbox will be automatically added to membership form so your new members can join your mailing list at signup.
Note: The Mailchimp checkbox is left unchecked by default in order to comply with GDPR requirements.
Mailchimp plugin is now ready to use. Email marketing is still one of the most cost effective ways to connect and engage new members. Now your members can join your mailing list right from your membership form!
Mailchimp optin checkbox not showing on membership form
If the Mailchimp option checkbox has not been added to your membership form:
From your site’s dashboard, go to Chamber Dashboard >> CD Settings >> Payments >> Additional Options.
- Check to be sure you have entered your Mailchimp API key
- Check to be sure that you have selected the Mailchimp list from your Mailchimp account, that your membership should be added to when they register.
Welcome Email New Members
Visit the Mailchimp documentation for instructions to set up a welcome email that automatically sends to new subscribers.