Setup your Member Updater plugin
Enter license key
- Go to Chamber Dashboard >> CDSettings >> Licenses.
- Copy your license key that was emailed with your plugin into the license page, then click ‘Save Changes’.
- Then click ‘Activate’ to complete the license setup process.
Create Editor pages
Your members must be registered as users on your WordPress site before they can edit their listing. Here are the pages you will need to setup to make this happen.
- Claim my Business Page: Create a new page for registrations, add this shortcode [cdashmu_registration_form] to display a ‘Claim my Business’ (User Registration) Form.
- Editor Login Page: This is the Member Account page. If you are using the Member Manager or Member Manager Pro plugin, you may have already set this up. If not, be sure to setup the Member Account page first.
- Edit My Business Page: Create a new page to display the ‘Edit My Business’ Form, add this shortcode – [cdashmu_update_business] . NOTE: This page will automatically display a login form to users who are not currently logged in.
- Go to Chamber Dashboard >> CDSettings >> Member Updater.
- Map the URL’s of the pages you just created to the relevant field on the settings page.
NOTE: You may decide not to use all of these pages on your site, based on the specific needs of your organization. For example: With the Member Updater plugin activated, new members who fill out the Join Now form will be automatically registered as Business Editors on your site. They will already have ‘Claimed their Business’.
But you must create and map the ‘Business Update Page’ in order for members to edit their listings.
Don’t forget to invite existing members to register a Business Editor for their Directory listing! See workflow for onboarding new members to Chamber Dashboard.
NOTE: Member Updater lets the user make edits to their Business Listing from the front end of your site only. To help keep your site secure, when the Member Updater plugin is activated, the WordPress Admin Menu will only be visible to admins from the front end of the site.
Onboard new members to Chamber Dashboard
Approve New Editors
Here’s what’s happening behind the scenes…When a new contact completes the Editor Registration Form, the Member Updater plugin creates the following:
- A new WordPress user, connected to a contact (‘People’ record in CRM)
- A new ‘People’ record in the CRM connected to the Business Listing
- To approve a new Editor, simply publish the new ‘People’ record
This approval process helps keep your Directory secure from unwanted participants.
For existing People records or if the contact is already a user on your site, you will need to manually connect them as a Business Editor.
Step-by-Step Editor Approval Process
When a members fills out the Registration Form to claim their Business, a new record is created in the CRM (People) database and the admin is notified. This record is held as a draft until the new Editor has been confirmed and published.
Approving a New Editor:
- Open the Business listing from your site’s dashboard.
- Scroll down to ‘Connected People’.
- Follow the link thru to open the new People record that has been created for this user, then click ‘Publish’.
- The Editor is now approved to edit their own Business Listing.
Note: The Member Updater plugin does not currently offer automatic notification of this approval. We hope to add this in a future version of the plugin.
Once an Editor has been approved/published, they can use the login page to login. Once they have logged in, they can click to edit their Directory listing.
To set recommended image sizes for logos and/or featured images go to Chamber Dashboard >> CDsettings >> Member Updater Settings.
NOTE: the Membership Level will display on the edit screen, but is not editable by the member.
For more detail on how the process works, be sure to test your setup once you have completed the setup process.
Grant access to update more than one Business Listing
Once an Editor has registered and is connected to a Business, they have been assigned the user role of Business Editor. This user can then be connected to more than one Business listing as a Business Editor.