Features not working
The Members-Only feature requires multiple Chamber Dashboard plugins to be installed & activated on your site. If you are getting an error when trying to activate your plugin, please check to be sure that you are using the most current version of these plugins and that the required plugins have been activated on your site.
Not seeing the right access message
If you have set up your information page and no-access messages, but are not seeing the expected message, check which user account that you are currently logged into. Try testing your setup.
Member can’t login
If you have setup a test member, be sure you have logged all the way out of your site as the admin before logging in as the test member.
If the test member still can’t login:
- Go to Users from your site’s dashboard.
- Check to see if the member is set up as a WordPress user.
- Make sure the user is connected to a People record.
- Make sure the People record is connected to a Business record.
- Make sure both the People record and the Business records have been published.
Member can’t access content
If a user that is connected to a member Business cannot access content that is set to the same membership level as the Business:
- Check that the membership level exists.
- Check that the Business has been assigned a membership level.
- Open the People record to check that both the user and the Business are connected to the People record.
- Check that the page or post is set to the same membership level as the Business that the user is connected to.
NOTE: The People record is used to connect the Business to your WordPress user. Both the user and the Business must be connected to the People record. As well, both the Business and the People record must be published.
Check for plugin or theme conflict
With thousands of themes and plugins available in the WordPress ecosystem, you may occasionally run into an issue that is being caused by a 3rd party theme or plugin that you have active on your installation.
If you have tried the troubleshooting steps above and are still having trouble, it could be due to a plugin or theme conflict. Learn how to check for a plugin conflict here.