Test Setup of Member Manager Plugin
If you prefer to send an invoice manually, you can test your setup as follows:
- Create a test Business, be sure to enter a billing email address under billing information.
- Create a new invoice, be sure to connect the invoice to your test Business.
- Click on ‘View Invoice’ (top of screen) to see the invoice as your member will see it.
- Update Invoice ‘From’ Field: Go to Chamber Dashboard >> Member Manager Options.
- Update Invoice ‘To’ Field: Edit the Business billing information.
- Go back to editing your invoice, use the ‘email invoice’ option on the right hand side to send a link to to your new invoice to the billing email from the Business listing.
Automatically Lapse Overdue Memberships
The Member Manager can help you keep your Directory up-to-date by automatically marking overdue members as lapsed and hiding overdue listings until they are current again.
To test this process:
- Go to Chamber Dashboard >> Member Manager Options, check ‘Automatically Lapse Memberships’.
- Create a test Business, set the status as ‘current’.
- Create a new invoice. Set the Invoice Due Date for today.
- Connect your new invoice with your test Business.
- Tomorrow the Business will be marked as ‘lapsed’ and your invoice will be marked ‘overdue’.
- Keep your directory current by selecting ‘Hide Lapsed Members’ under Member Manager Options as well.
Pro Tip: if it takes more than 1 day for the Business to be marked ‘lapsed’, you may want to update your timezone. From your dashboard, go to Settings >> General to set the timezone for your WordPress website.