RippleWP Theme for WordPress Documentation
Thank you for choosing the RippleWP theme! Here are instructions to help you get the theme set up quickly. If you still have questions after reviewing this documentation, please open a support ticket and we’ll right back to you.
Don’t forget to bookmark this page for future reference!
Welcome to the Ripple WP theme! This WordPress theme is designed to work best with blocks which means the entire world of Gutenberg blocks can be used to tailor this theme to perfectly suit your association’s needs. We have documented a few suggestions below to get you started. If your goal is to simply get up and running as fast as possible…we recommend starting here:
Or check out our demo layouts that make it quick and easy to build an entire membership. Demo content is included. All you need to do is install, add your branding and start registering new members!
Installing your theme is pretty straightforward. After purchase, you will receive two email download files: ripple-wp.zip and ripple-wp-block-layouts.zip. These are compressed files containing all of the required templates, images and icons required for the theme to function properly.
Upload the theme
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Click Upload Theme.
- Select the
- Click Install Now.
- Repeats the process for the
Activate both the theme & the plugin
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress menu.
- Hover over the theme thumbnail and press the Activate button.
- Go to Plugins to activate the Block Layout plugin.
Activate your licenses
Go to Appearance >> RippleWP to enter and activate your license keys. An active license gets you access to theme updates and support. Be sure to follow all three activation steps:
- Enter license key
- Click ‘Save Changes’
- Click ‘Activate License’
Install a demo layout
A demo layout lets you build a complete membership site in just a few clicks. Once you have activated the RippleWP Block Layout plugin above, you will see the ‘Import Demo Layout’ option in your site’s Appearance menu.
From this screen you can select your layout and import with just one click.
NOTE: Be sure to install and activate all required plugins first!!!
Once you have installed your demo layout, go to the specific setup instructions for your layout to start customizing your site!
Add Cover Block to home page
Use the ‘Cover Block’, to add a header image to your home page. Or there are a variety of free slider blocks to choose from.
- Create a new page titled ‘home’.
- Click the ‘+’ sign to add a ‘Cover Block’ to your page.
- Add an image and text to your cover block.
- Add a call-to-action button too!
- Be sure to click Save & Publish to save your changes!
Set a custom home page for WordPress
WordPress defaults to set your blog page as your home page.
To select a static page to be your home page instead:
- Create a new page that will be your home page.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Home Page Settings.
- Set your home page to display a Static Page.
- From the drop-down, select the new home page you just created.
- The content from this page will now be displayed as the home page of your site instead of your blog posts.
Add content to home page
Once you have created a new page and set the theme to use this page as your site’s home page, you can start adding content to your home page. We recommend starting with a cover block or adding some must-have Chamber Dashboard features to customize your home page. Keep scrolling to see some of our favorite home page features…
Welcome new members on home page
The Business Directory plugin can also be used to add a welcome new member feature to your home page. To get started, you’ll need to be using the Business Directory plugin and have a Directory page setup on your WordPress website.
Once you have the Business Directory installed, follow these setup steps to create a ‘welcome new members’ feature on your site’s home page.
Logo Gallery – Showcase sponsor logos
Recognizing key supporters on your website benefits everyone. The logo gallery block is included with the Business Directory plugin and makes it super easy to add a logo gallery to any page. Site visitors can even click right thru from the logo to see the Business listing! Watch the video below to get started or click here for step-by-step instructions to add a logo gallery to your site.
The footer widget area uses Flexbox coding which will dynamically resize based on the number of widget areas you have added widgets to. In other words, if you add widgets to 2 footer widget areas, your footer will automatically adjust to two column display. If you add widgets to 3 footer widget areas, you’ll see 3 columns, and so forth…give it a try!
To add footer widgets:
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Widgets.
- Add 1 or more widgets to up to 4 footer sidebars, the footer sidebar layout will adjust automatically.
- Be sure to save your updates before previewing.
The footer options area defaults to copyright text, including the year and the site name.
Add Logo: Go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity to upload your logo.
Site Title: If logo is not used, Site Title will be displayed.
Favicon: Add a Site Icon under Appearance > Customize > Site Identity.
Site Colors: Go to Appearance > Customize > Colors to set the accent color.
Excerpt Display: By default, WordPress will show the first 55 words of your post as an Excerpt. To display different text as your Excerpt, use the Excerpt box in the post editor.
Featured Image: The Featured Image of your post will be displayed on your blog summary page and at the top of the individual blog post. To hide the Featured Image from individual posts…
Chamber Beautiful offers 3 page templates.
- Default Template – No sidebar, displays content using 3/4 of the width of the site.
- Full Width template – No sidebar, displays content using the full width of the site.
- Right Sidebar template – Displays sidebar on the right side of the page.
Setup a Blog / News page
Having a news page is a great way to share a quick summary of all of your posts with your members, so they can easily click thru to the stories that they are most interested in. To create a blog page:
- Go to Pages and create a new page.
- Give your page a title, like ‘Blog’ or ‘News’, click ‘Publish’ to save your changes.
- Go to Settings >> Reading.
- Set your Posts page to the page you just created and save changes.
- Go to Appearance >> Menu to add your new page to your navigation.
That’s it! Every time you create a new post, it will show up on your News page.
Go to Customize >> Theme Options >> Layout Options to set the layout of your blog page.
By default, WordPress will use the pages you create for your navigation. Usually, when you activate a theme you will see all the pages that you have created as navigation / menu items. Visit the menus area of the dashboard to create a custom menu, with the combination of custom links, pages, categories specific to your organization.
Set up Custom Menu
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Click on Create a new menu link.
- Give your menu a name, click Create Menu button to save your changes.
- Now you can add pages, categories, custom links from the left-hand side of your screen by selecting the checkbox and clicking on Add Menu.
- Check ‘Primary’ to set the menu as the main menu for the site.
- To use this same menu on both desktops and mobile devices, also check the ‘Mobile’ option.
- Be sure to click Save Menu to save your changes!
If you would like to create a different menu to be used only on mobile devices, repeat steps 1-4 above only instead of checking ‘Primary’ for the display location, select ‘Mobile.’
Add Membership Features
The Chamber Inspired theme was written for merchants associations, professional organizations, chambers of commerce, artist councils, etc. Chamber Dashboard also offers a variety of plugins to make it super easy to add membership features to your site!
Add a searchable directory of member Business listings to your site. Make it easy for your members to find and do business with each other.
Online Member Registration
The Member Manager plugin lets your members sign up and renew memberships right from your website. A new listing is automatically created in your Directory each time a new member fills out the Join Now form. Add online payments to your site
Our free CRM plugin creates a shared contact management database so that your staff can track member contacts and activity information. Add shared CRM database to your site
Create a community resource that will bring new visitors to your site & encourage them to return again and again. Display a calendar of upcoming events!
Members Login to Edit their own Directory Listing
Want to give your members the option to update their own Directory Listings? Get the Member Updater plugin