Merchant’s Associations benefit local business owners in a variety of ways, from strengthening the voice of business owners, to opportunities to collaborate on local city issues, to increasing visibility of its members within the community. A Business Directory is a proactive way to increase visitors to your association’s site, boost your SEO position, strengthen business reputation, increase brand awareness and generally create value for your members.
Get started by installing a free Business Directory for WordPress in 3 easy steps.
- Start with a free Business Directory plugin to create a resource for both your members and the local community resource.
- Set up some basic categories. It’s easy to add more categories as you grow, especially with WordPress.
- Pre-Populate your directory. You might do this by offering free or low-cost listings to the first 100 members or by manually creating some listings to get things started.
Pro Tip: Don’t add empty categories, no one wants to click thru only to find a blank spot. (Scroll down to see a Starter List of Categories)
SEO for Association Categories
Selecting the right category titles can be tricky. You’ll want to use words that are commonly used in search. For example if credit unions are popular in your area, you might want to use Banks & Credit Unions rather than Banking & Finance.
If Contractors provide the majority of home improvements, consider replacing Home Improvements with Contractors.
STARTER CATEGORIES FOR MERCHANT’S ASSOCIATION BUSINESS DIRECTORY
The same set of categories obviously won’t work for every local merchant’s association. You’ll want to edit these as new members join your site, but here’s a list to get your Business Directory started!
- Accounting & Tax Services
- Arts, Culture & Entertainment
- Auto Sales & Service
- Banking & Finance
- Business Services
- Community Organizations
- Dentists & Orthodontists
- Health & Wellness
- Home Improvement
- Internet & Web Services
- Legal Services
- Lodging & Travel
- Marketing & Advertising
- Pet Services
- Real Estate
- Restaurants & Nightlife
- Shopping & Retail
- Sports & Recreation
- Wedding, Events & Meetings
Merchants Association Starter Kit
No need to hire an expensive website developer,
Starter Kit has everything you need to build your association website.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!